- This event has passed.
Build Your Own Lava Lamp | Microsoft Online
June 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Build your own Lava Lamp – Summer STEM with Bit Project | Microsoft Online
This workshop is Hands On!
Welcome to Build your own Lava Lamp! , a virtual STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) project brought to you by Bit Project and Microsoft Silicon Valley.
MStudents will be learning the chemistry on why water and oil do not mix by building their own colorful lava lamp. Using oil, water, alka seltzer tablets, and food coloring, students will understand the concepts behind density and hydrophobicity.
For this activity – you will need the following items at home:
- 3 clear cups or bottles
- Any oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup soda/juice
- 2-4 Alka-seltzer tablet or Vitamin C tablet
- Food coloring of your choice*** This list may be updated before the date of the event. You will be watching and asking questions through Microsoft Teams Meetings! All you need is a modern web browser or the Microsoft Teams app on iOS or Android.
- This event is online. Review the event description and requirements in advance.
- For those under 18 years of age who may be joining, it is recommend that a parent/legal guardian be with you during the meeting.
- To find the link for Online/Virtual events: Click on the Visit Website link. Use the date filter or search using 1-2 words of the event title.