- This event has passed.
2019 Hometown Holidays Festival & Special Effect Light Show Spectacular at Courthouse Sq
December 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pmFree
Get in the holiday spirit and join the festivities as Redwood City’s Downtown Business Group throws Hometown Holidays, a party to celebrate the holiday season, RAIN OR SHINE! Guests can enjoy a parade, live entertainment, carnival rides, snow, Santa Claus photos and more. This free family friendly event takes place December 7th starting at 10 a.m. on Courthouse Square and features:
– Traditional children’s holiday parade
– Free admission to the San Mateo County History Museum
– An incredible, kid-pleasing snow play area
– Live Holiday Entertainment
– Complimentary Santa Claus Photos in the History Museum from 10am to 3:30pm
– Carnival Rides*
– Craft Vendors: the public can enjoy shopping under a big protected tent or on the street
– Food Vendors, bringing delicious local offerings on Middlefield Road*
– Annual City Hall Tree Lighting on the corner of Hamilton and Broadway at 5:45pm
– Caltrain’s Holiday Train toy collection train, arrives at Redwood City’s Sequoia Station train platform at approximately 6:10pm. Glowing with thousands of lights and holiday decorations, the Holiday Train arrives with Santa, Mrs. Claus, and Frosty and the gang. Bring a new, unwrapped gift to donate to the Holiday Train Toy Drive.
*There is a charge for rides and food vendors
For more information, visit our website at www.hometownholidays.org.