- This event has passed.
2018 WorldWideWomen Girls’ Festival | Santa Clara University
What a day this will be!
This year’s program is as fun and inspiring as ever! Come and experience 7 jam-packed hours of captivating workshops; exciting sports activities; competitions with fabulous prizes; interactive booths featuring local organizations; a main stage with panel discussions, performances, and short films; and hands-on activities involving cooking, arts and crafts, robotics, entrepreneurship, and computer coding!
Click here to purchase tickets. WorldWideWomen Girls’ Festival site.
WorldWideWomen Girls’ Festival Featured Events:
Here are the highlights thus far:
• Main Stage—performances throughout the day by girls’ singing, dancing, music and acting troops, and a fun fashion show with young new female designers
• Interactive EXPO—30+ local and global organizations who provide services and support to girls showcase their programs
• Workshops—20+ workshops on topics ranging from body image, health and safety, to film making, leadership, advocacy and human trafficking
• Girlpreneur Competition—our own gentle version of Shark Tank where girls present their business ideas in front of a panel of supportive judges and win prizes
• Sports and activity arena—shoot hoops, throw balls, dance, practice yoga, take a self-defense class and much more
• Makerspace—a day-long array of activities featuring everything STEAM— from robotics, genetics experiments, and fashion illustration, to learning games, creating sculptures and more
• Career panels—females entrepreneurs, elite athletes, and women working in the fields of engineering, science, advocacy, health care, and arts/entertainment share their career path and answer questions
• STEM classes—multiple sessions throughout the day to learn to code in Java, program robots, engage with IoT, Raspberry Pi, and much more
• PSA contest—in recognition of Mental Health Awareness month, girls 18 and under are invited to submit a 60-second public service announcement of hope and support. The top 5 videos will be shown on the main stage and the winners will receive cool prizes
Admission: Ages 18+: $20; Ages 7-17: $15; Under 7: FREE
If you purchase something through a post on our site, CelebrateFamily.us may get a small share of the sale.