- This event has passed.
Hour of Code Minecraft: A Tale of Two Villages | Microsoft Online
June 11 @ 6:00 am - 7:00 am
One event on June 25, 2021 at 6:00 am
One event on July 16, 2021 at 6:00 am
One event on July 30, 2021 at 6:00 am
One event on June 11, 2021 at 11:00 am
One event on June 25, 2021 at 11:00 am
One event on July 16, 2021 at 11:00 am
One event on July 30, 2021 at 11:00 am
One event on June 11, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on June 25, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on July 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on July 30, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Hour of Code Minecraft: A tale of two villages, Ages 8+
Use basic coding concepts to bring two villages together in this one-hour activity in Minecraft: Education Edition. Players will experience empathy and compassion for their neighbors, learn about cooperation and inclusion, and practice social-emotional skills.
By the end of the workshop, students will have:
- Understood the importance and benefits of diversity, including the role of diversity and inclusion in a community
- Understood bias and recognize how it may cause harm
- Created coding solutions that include sequences, iteration, and loops
- Decomposed (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
- Iterated on coding solutions to complete a task
- This event is online. Review the event description and requirements in advance.
- For those under 18 years of age who may be joining, it is recommend that a parent/legal guardian be with you during the meeting.
- To find the link for Online/Virtual events: Click on the Visit Website link. Use the date filter or search using 1-2 words of the event title. Source