Friday Nights at OMCA | Oakland Museum of California
Friday Nights at OMCA, bringing you after-hours gallery access, DJ sets from the Bay Area’s finest, family-friendly drop-in activities, and more! Friday Nights at OMCA is included with admission.
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights at OMCA with after-hours Museum access, Off the Grid food trucks, beer, wine, music, and more!
- After-hours gallery access.
- Marketplace at OMCA: local makers selling handcrafted works and art.
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons.
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm.
Other Special Events at the Oakland Museum of California
- Free the first full weekend of each month courtesy of Bank of America Museums on Us. Free admission requires Photo ID with valid Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (US Trust) credit or debit card must be presented.
- The first Sunday of each month admission to the Oakland Museum of California. Admission to special exhibits is also reduced. Admission is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to capacity restrictions, admission is not guaranteed. Suggested donation is $5
Museum Description: The mission of the Oakland Museum of California is to inspire all Californians to create a more vibrant future for themselves and their communities. The Oakland Museum of California (OMCA) is one of the top-rated Bay Area museums to explore California art, history, and natural sciences. Recognized as one of the best things to do with kids in Oakland or the entire San Francisco Bay Area with kids, we’re really for everyone from serious museum buffs to international visitors. Source: Oakland Museum of California
Admission: Adults: $21; Seniors (65+) & Students (with current ID) $16; Youth (9–17) $12; Children (8 & under) Free
Holiday Reminder: Free admission days will sometimes coincide with holidays (New Year’s Day, 4th of July) always confirm with the museum/attraction that it will be open.
If you purchase something through a post on our site, CelebrateFamily.us may get a small share of the sale.
Other Events That You Might Like
Other Events of the Day
|All Day||ACT Test Registration – Last Day for April Test Date||Varies|
|9:00 am||Intel Museum – Free Admission||Free|
|10:00 am||The NASA Gift Shop – Free Admission||Free|
|10:00 am||Concerts for Kids: Grades K-3 | SF Synmphony||$8|
|10:00 am||Cuentacuentos: Spanish Storytime | BN-Stevens Creek||Free|
|10:00 am||SF Middle School Science Fair | Randall Museum||Free|
|11:30 am||Concerts for Kids: Grades K-3 | SF Synmphony||$8|
|5:00 pm||Prospect Studio Jazz Band | Cafe Stritch||Free|
|6:00 pm||Kuumbwa Jazz Honor Band | Cafe Stritch||Free|
|6:05 pm||Stanford Baseball vs Grand Canyon||Varies|
|7:00 pm||Disney on Ice Mickey’s Search Party! | Oakland Arena||$15|
|7:00 pm||San Jose Jazz U19s | Cafe Stritch||Free|