- This event has passed.
Family Sundays | Cantor Museum Online
June 13 @ 11:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every month that begins at 11:00 am on day Second of the month, repeating until June 13, 2021
Second Sunday At Home: In light of California’s Covid-19 shelter-in-place order, Second Sunday will be going virtual! Museum educators will be doing a live presentation via Zoom every Second Sunday while we shelter in place.
To protect privacy, participant cameras will be turned off.
About the Cantor: The Cantor Arts Center’s diverse collections span continents, cultures, and 4,000 years of art history and include the largest gathering of Rodin bronzes outside Paris. Come see a wide range of changing exhibitions and take advantage of docent tours, lectures, gallery talks, symposia, classes, and special events. Explore, participate, and visit often. Admission is always free.
CelebrateFamily.us Best Bet: This is a beautiful museum. Great place to visit. Definitely a hidden gem. Activities for kids and teens.
Family Sundays at Cantor Museum | Stanford
Second Sunday is a free, family-focused day of art talks, hands-on art making, and gallery adventures for visitors of all ages. Registration is not required, and families can tailor their museum experience based on their schedule and the activities that interest them the most.
Each Second Sunday will explore a new exhibition or theme. The exhibition or theme can be found in each event listing at https://celfam.us/cantor
- Sunday Spotlight: 15 minute gallery talk for all ages. Talks start at 11:30am and continue throughout the day on the half hour through 3pm.
- Drop-in Studio: Experiment with art materials and new techniques by participating in a hands-on art making experience. All visitors, regardless of age, ability, or familiarity with the creative process, are encouraged to participate. From 11 am to 4 pm, registration is not required and visitors can work at their own pace.
- Art Packs: Check out an Art Pack that includes themed activities for visitors of all ages and materials for sketching while visiting the galleries.
- Art-making Activity Table: Inspired by artists and art on view in the galleries, the activity table offers visitors of all ages an opportunity to take a break to make between gallery visits.
- In-Gallery Activity Sheets: Available in the Oshman Learning Gallery, these one-sheet adventures will jumpstart your visit to the museum.
- Storytime: Special storytime designed for the entire family.
Hours: Wednesday – Sunday 11 am – 5 pm, Thursday 11 am – 8 pm
CLOSED: Monday, Tuesday, Thanksgiving Day, December 24 and 25
Source: Cantor Museum