- This event has passed.
Code your own video game with MakeCode Arcade
September 16, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am
One event on September 19, 2020 at 6:00 am
In this free two-hour workshop, students 8+ use block coding to create a video game with MakeCode Arcade. Students learn the fundamental game and coding concepts—like sprites, variables, and coordinates—and use their new skills to create and customize a playable game.
In the session, students will:
- Learn about computer science and gaming concepts such as sprites, mods, variables and conditionals
- Play the games they created in a multi-session tournament
- Audience: Ages 8+
- This event is online. Review the event description and requirements in advance.
- For those under 18 years of age who may be joining, it is recommend that a parent/legal guardian be with you during the meeting.
- To find the link for Online/Virtual events: go to the Microsoft website and scroll to the event date.